He who places his hope on thee, O Virgin all-glorious, will prosper in all he does.

Inscription on Byzantine coin during reign of Romanus III



Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blackout

In solidarity with Wikipedia, Ad Orientem (in the links), and freedom-loving folks everywhere, I'm blacking out my blog to protest a Congressional move to expand intellectual property protections.

I commented over at John's:

I'm interested in the larger issue of whether intangibles can be legitimately subject to property claims since they're amorphous to begin with. If I buy a bunch of tangible materials and fashion a machine based on another person's configuration, how can one legitimately claim that my engine doesn't belong to me?

Let's take it a step further. Does God own everything simply because He created everything? By creating free will, hasn't He deeded us to ourselves?


No comments: